Print Page

Sunday, August 18, 2013

CCA... MTC... Different Name, Same Thing


I was recently informed to be careful as to what I write for my loved ones to post here on my blogs, that people could view it negatively. I will continue writing for these blogs, and I will continue to express my views. If someone thinks it's a crime for me to speak my mind, please feel free to immigrate to China. I do not express hatred or negativity on my blogs because I don't harbor these things in my heart. If I express myself bluntly and you don't like it, that is fine and it's your right to disagree. It works both ways, however.

That being said, I want to update you about what has been happening at Wilkinson County Correctional Facility since MTC began running of operations at the prison. In many instances MTC has the same staff doing the same things they did under the previous administration. The supervision of the kitchen is the same, as is the food with only a couple of menu item changes. The laundry runs five days per week, instead of only two or three days per week. The clinic is backlogged by about 300 sick call requests, and the staffing isn't what they need right now to catch up, nor do they have the necessary supplies. The same staff is still operating the mailroom (I found my evil midget clown pictures, too). No staff has been assigned to organize things in the Visitation Department yet, and though C-custody isn't being allowed visitation right now, A-custody and B-custody are. We were supposed to have a Chaplain at the beginning of August, but that hasn't happened yet. And until the lockdown ends we probably won't see any religious services or educational programs being made available.

The administration has let a few pods off lockdown status, so far: Lima, Mike, November, Sierra, and Tango, from what the staff is saying. More will come up soon. What worries me is that MTC does not really have an emergency response team to deal with any situations such as the violence that happened in April. The same prisoners that fought each other then are still housed around one another for the most part. I know that whatever is going to happen is going to happen- if anything at all. I just pray for all our sakes that we don't have a repeat of April.

We have not received any kind of orientation material since MTC assumed the contract here at WCCF. From what I gather, these are some of the current administrators:
Warden - Mr. Shaw
Assistant Warden - Ms. Tyra Jackson
Chief of Security - Mr. Gabriel Walker
Investigator - Mr. Gaines

I am hoping, as I have many times before, that the situation will continue to improve. I'll do my best to help the process, if possible. I would really like to see some positive things happening in the near future.

3 comments:

  1. Even though they might be off lockdown they still have not seen daylight yet, they do not get to go outside at all. Which BTW is against MDOC policy from what I have been told.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not been able to relax totally every since my son went to WCCF. WHEN he was moved he was looking forward to the move, everyone said it was the place to be. Shortly thereafter WCCF started going downhill dangerous, and in APril I didn't know if my son was dead or alive for several days, I've not been able to visit him in months and months, and he says DO NOT come down on a Friday, its too dangerous in that no contact room. , ITS JUST NOT RIGHT, I NEED a visit. EVERYONE needs a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanx for all the new info, I can never believe what a case manager tells me, or I just don't, still no real visit, 6 months RVR free but still in a lock down zone. WHAT happened to the fifth sunday visits if you wee RVR free for THREE MONTHS? No real visit person, just a case manager that could care less how bad someone needs to see family,

    ReplyDelete

About Steven

My photo
Steven Farris is a prisoner who has been incarcerated since a month after his 16th birthday in 1998. Currently serving a life sentence without the possibility for parole, he is seeking to educate the public about the true nature of prison and the widespread and negative effects of the prison industrial complex. Steven has worked with both the National Prison Project of the ACLU, as well as the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund in furthering this effort.

You can contact him directly at:
Steven Farris #R5580
WCCC
P.O. Box 1889
Woodville, MS 39669-1889

Check out my other blog:

Followers

 

PrisonInmatesLife Copyright © 2010 LKart Theme is Designed by Lasantha, Free Blogger Templates